Call for papers – The City As Global Political Actor
The City As Global Political Actor
On 9-11 March 2016 UCSIA organizes an international academic workshop on “The City As Global Political Actor” at the University of Antwerp, Belgium. Luce Beeckmans is one of the co-organizers. This workshop aims for a critical reflection on the popular claim that the city has the capacity to address problems that are too intractable for nation-states.
Confirmed guest lecturers:
- Martin Melosi, University of Houston (USA)
- Enzo Mingione, University of Milano-Bicocca (Italy)
- Gilles Pinson, Universities of Bordeaux and Paris (France)
- Jennifer Robinson, University College London (UK)
- Kevin Ward, University of Manchester (UK)
Researchers, doctoral students and other experts are welcome to submit their application until 15 November 2015.
Full details and Call for Papers on www.ucsia.org.